AIP Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs and Vegetables
- 2 lb chicken thighs, bone in
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Cut broccoli, carrots, onion, and sweet potatoes into one inch cubes, then set aside.
- Grease crock pot with coconut oil then add in vegetables.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken thighs. Drizzle thighs with avocado oil then season with rosemary, thyme, and remaining seasonings.
- Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken thighs, skin side down, in skillet and cook until skin turns golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and repeat on the second side. Remove chicken thighs from skillet and place over vegetables in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
© 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine