- 3 lbs chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 3 bell peppers seeded, and sliced
- 3 onions sliced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 6 cloves garlic chopped
- 5 lemons or limes juiced
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil or avocado oil
- to taste sea salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, bell peppers, onions, spices, garlic and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow mixture to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat the extra-virgin coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add all of the contents of the large mixing bowl to the pan, and cook until chicken is cooked through and the onions and bell peppers are soft.
- Transfer the hot chicken, onions and bell peppers to a large serving bowl and then assemble fajitas on top of the butter lettuce leaves or cassava flour tortillas with toppings of choice.
© 2023 GrassRoots Functional Medicine