Our wonderful nutritionist, Betsy Chapmon, recorded this video to show you how easy it is to make AIP, grain-free tortillas with cassava flour!
These are perfect for breakfast tacos, wraps, shrimp tacos, fajitas, or for making your own tortilla chips.
Check out the video and recipe below and enjoy!
AIP Grain-Free Cassava Flour Tortillas
Recipe via Otto's Naturals
- 3/4 cup Otto's Cassava Flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or smoked sea salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup warm water (make sure it is warm, it makes a difference!)
- Whisk together cassava flour and salt. Add the oil and warm water and knead until a nice play-doh like consistency forms.
- Divide into 5 to 6 dough balls.
- Use a tortilla press to form uniform tortillas. Or, place dough balls one at a time between two pieces of parchment paper and use a rolling pin to flatten until you form thin tortillas.
- Heat a nonstick, flat-bottom skillet over medium high heat and cook each tortilla for approximately 1 minute on each side (flip once air bubbles start to form).
- As you finish them, stack them on a plate and cover with a towel to keep warm.
© 2020 © 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine
Want to see more AIP & Paleo cooking videos from Betsy? Let us know in the comments what types of recipes you’d like to see!