- 2 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1 lb beef sirloin cut into thin strips
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 3 cups baby spinach
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1 lemon segmented
- 1 orange segmented
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok over medium heat. Stir-fry the beef until browned on all sides.
- Remove beef from the wok, and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok. Stir-fry the onion, ginger and garlic for about 3 minutes.
- Return the beef back to the wok and add the lemon and orange juices and the lemon and orange zest. Bring to a boil and then add the spinach and stir.
- Cook until the spinach is just wilted and then season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the stir-fry on a bed made with the segmented lemon and orange. Enjoy!
© 2023 GrassRoots Functional Medicine