- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil melted, or avocado oil
- 4 tsp fresh dill chopped, plus more for garnish
- 16 asparagus stalks white parts removed
- 4 medium beets peeled, cut into cubes
- to taste sea salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Using 4 large sheets of parchment paper, create packets to cook the meal in. Do this by placing 4 asparagus stalks in the middle of each one and then top them each with 1/4 of the beet cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place a salmon fillet on top of the vegetables.
- Top each fillet with 1 tablespoon of melted extra-virgin coconut oil, 1 teaspoon of fresh dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Close the parchment paper and fold over to create a packet. Use cooking twine to wrap around the packet if necessary to keep it closed.
- Place packets on a large baking tray and then place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes for every inch of thickness of the fish.
- Make sure to check the fish so it doesn't over cook. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork in its thickest part.
- Transfer the contents of each packet to plates and garnish each with more dill and a lemon wedge.
© 2024 GrassRoots Functional Medicine