- 1 lb chicken breast halves skinless, boneless, and trimmed
- 6 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- to taste Himalayan pink salt
- to taste black pepper
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 bunch asparagus trimmed, cut into pieces
- First, to make marinade mix lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover chicken with the marinade, and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Next, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown just the chicken 2-3 minutes per side.
- Then, add the marinade and Chicken Broth, and stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 20 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Finally, bring heat back to medium, and add asparagus. Cover, and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
© 2023 GrassRoots Functional Medicine