- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tsp thyme, dried
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1-1/2 tsp onion powder
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion
- 8 cups kale, chopped
- 2 large spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, longwise, then scoop seeds out with a spoon. Place squash, cut-side down, in a baking dish filled with 1/2 inch of water, or just enough water to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Roast spaghetti squash for 35-40 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool. Use a fork to scrape out the center of the squash and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of avocado oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add in minced garlic and saute for 2-3 minutes. Mix in ground turkey meat and season with thyme, 1 tsp sea salt, 1 sprig rosemary, and 1 tsp onion powder. Cook turkey for 7-8 minutes, or until the meat turkey is white and fully cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add 1 Tbsp of avocado oil to the saucepan and saute red onion until it is translucent. Stir in kale and rosemary. Cook over medium heat until the kale is wilted. Combine spaghetti squash, turkey, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp sea salt, and olive oil to the onion mixture and mix well.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
© 2023 GrassRoots Functional Medicine