Chicken & Zucchini Noodles:
- 2 chicken breasts, bone and skin on
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 artichokes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup basil
- 1/4 cup tiger nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub 1 Tbsp avocado oil over chicken and season with salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Heat 2 Tbsp avocado oil in a cast iron skillet. Once the oil is hot, place chicken breast, skin side
- down, on the skillet and cook for 15 minutes on medium-high. Flip the chicken then place the skillet
- in the oven for another 15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Meanwhile, boil artichokes for 30 minutes, or until they are completely cooked through. Once the
- artichokes are fully cooked, flip upside down and drain the water from the artichoke. Allow the artichoke to cool, then remove the hearts from the center. Chop hearts into bite-sized pieces then set aside.
- To make the pesto, add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Remove the meat from the chicken bones and cut into bite-sized pieces, then set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize 4 zucchinis, then set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Add in zucchini noodles and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in
- chicken, artichoke hearts, and pesto until well combined.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
© 2023 GrassRoots Functional Medicine