This week, Dr. Osgood steps into the hot seat to cover all things related to Small Intestinal Overgrowth Bacteria (SIBO), including what triggers SIBO, how to get the right testing and ways to treat SIBO.
Dr. Seth Osgood is the founder of GrassRoots Functional Medicine, where he works with patients in-person and virtually to get to the root of their symptoms and restore their natural ability to heal.
He discovered early in his career that Functional Medicine was his true passion after a functional approach helped transform his own health and the health of his family, who struggled needlessly for years with digestive problems. In his practice, he and his team use advanced lab testing, nutrition counseling, personalized protocols, and mindset coaching to help patients build a life that revolves around physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.
In this episode, we discuss:
- ✅The fundamentals of SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth)
- ❓Why bloating, bowel irregularity, weight loss/weight gain are not ‘normal’
- 🤷What’s the difference between Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and SIBO?
- 💪Ways SIBO can affect your health
- ❓Triggers of SIBO, including infections, NSAIDs, chronic stress and adrenal dysfunction
- ☝How to test for SIBO
- 🌱 The difference between a conventional and functional medicine approach to SIBO
- 📌Why stress plays an important role in SIBO
- 👀Why spore-forming probiotics can be used to support treatment
- 💥When hormone imbalances, food intolerances and enzyme deficiencies can be misdiagnosed as SIBO
Favorite product that you can implement into your life to optimize your health: The Squatty Potty for gut health
Connect with Dr. Seth Osgood
Learn more about the GrassRoots Adaptation Program.
About the Author: Dr. Seth Osgood is a Doctor of Nursing Practice and Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) Certified Practitioner. Dr. Osgood received his post-graduate training in Functional Medicine through the IFM and from working with Dr. Amy Myers. He has helped people from around the world improve their health utilizing a Functional Medicine approach.
Want to work with Dr. Osgood and the GrassRoots team? Check out our Adaptation Program and book your free discovery call to find out if you’re the right fit.