Do you experience pain from an invisible illness? Do you find that many around you do not believe that you are sick, including your own family and your health care providers?
In this episode, Seth is joined by Dr. Jenny Tufenkian to discuss what invisible illness is and how naturopathic doctors are working to understand this illness more and find ways to help heal their patients.
Dr. Jenny Tufenkian is a Naturopathic Physician and Functional Medicine Educator who teaches patients, students and physicians to increase understanding of complex chronic disease. As she educates, she empowers, no matter to what audience she instills new perspectives, awareness and ultimately hope. She sees the potential for a ‘positive domino effect’ of her work. By guiding others to increase their energy they, in turn, have the vitality to live their purpose, to shine their light fully- and benefit all who cross their path.
In this episode, Seth and Dr. Tufenkian discuss:
- Mislabeled conditions that could be an invisible illness
- The confusion caused by chronic fatigue syndrome
- The lack of treatment options available for those experiencing invisible illness symptoms
- The five root causes of fatigue
- What is Hypothalamic Pituitary Access (Adrenal Fatigue)
- Types of chronic infections that can contribute to fatigue
- How your mitochondria play a role in your energy levels
- Best methods to overcome mitochondrial dysfunction
- Major sources of metal toxicity
- Different approaches to treating metal toxicity
- How do traumatic events affect recovery from an invisible illness
- How limbic work can help in your recovery
- Advice for clinicians to help support those with an invisible illness
Dr. Tufenkian’s health tip:
Disconnect every day. Stop and sink into what is most true in your being. Find that place where you find peace and expansiveness.
To learn more about Dr. Tufenkian and Core Vitality LLC:
- Visit http://drjennytufenkian.com/
- Email Dr. Jenny: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Check out Dr. Tufenkian on:
- Dr. Sarah Myhill – specializing in Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Annie Hooper – limbic brain work
- Dynamic Neural Retraining System (DNRS)
- The Gupta Program
- Pilot Study: long COVID could be linked to the effects of SARS-CoV-2 on the vagus nerve
- The P2V System
Connect with Dr. Seth Osgood
To learn more about Dr. Seth Osgood and the GrassRoots Adaptation Program, head over to www.grassrootsfunctionalmedicine.com
Join the GrassRoots Facebook community at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/grassrootsfuntionalmedicine
About the Author: Dr. Seth Osgood is a Doctor of Nursing Practice and Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) Certified Practitioner. Dr. Osgood received his post-graduate training in Functional Medicine through the IFM and from working with Dr. Amy Myers. He has helped people from around the world improve their health utilizing a Functional Medicine approach.
Want to work with Dr. Osgood and the GrassRoots team? Check out our Adaptation Program and book your free discovery call to find out if you’re the right fit.