“Do I really need supplements and which ones should I take?”
This is one of the most common questions I hear from people concerned about their health.
The truth is that we just can’t get all of the nutrients we need from our diets alone, no matter how healthy they are.
Here are just a few reasons why:
- Thanks to industrial farming practices and soil depletion, our produce is far less nutrient dense than our grandparents’ was
- We’re bombarded by toxins on a daily basis from our air, water, food, and personal products that strain our detox pathways
- Most of us are dealing with chronic stress and a lack of sleep, which leave us inflamed and our immune systems overworked
- Our microbiomes are far less robust than our ancestors since we spend all of our time indoors and sanitize nearly everything we come into contact with
That’s where supplements come in.
By adding in high-quality, clean supplements, you can bridge this gap and give your body the support it needs for vibrant health.
Best of all, many patients find that beginning a simple supplement routine is one of the best and easiest ways to start feeling better quickly.
So how do you know which supplements to take? Just like with anything in functional medicine, the best approach to supplements is a personalized one that’s tailored to your specific needs
That being said, there are 3 supplements that virtually everyone can benefit from and that I recommend for you to take on a daily basis. I take them myself, my family takes them, and I start all of my patients on them.
3 Supplements You Should Take Every Day
No matter what your state of wellness is, these 3 supplements provide an essential foundation for optimal health in our modern environment.
- Optimal levels of key nutrients in their most bio-available and absorbable forms
- Supports detoxification, thyroid function, adrenal balance, and vibrant energy
- Ideal for anyone dealing with leaky gut or other issues that impact nutrient absorption
- Provides micronutrients often missing in our modern diet
- Fights chronic inflammation related to autoimmunity and heart disease
- Supports brain health, cognitive function, and memory
- Helps provide a balanced mood, silky hair, and glowing skin
- The RootFix formula is 3x more absorbable than any other fish oil
- Maintains a healthy population of good bacteria for a thriving gut microbiome
- Supports optimal and balanced immune function
- Protects against gut imbalances such as Candida, SIBO, and parasites
Choosing High-Quality Supplements
Since I recommend these supplements to all of my patients, as well as my friends and family, I wanted to make sure that I found the cleanest, highest quality versions of them.
Because the truth is, not all supplements were created equal and there is a huge disparity in supplement quality.
That’s why I personally vetted every supplement in the RootFix store to ensure they are made from the purest, high-quality natural ingredients and contain absolutely no gluten, dairy, artificial coloring, artificial sweeteners, or other harmful additives.
About the Author: Dr. Seth Osgood is a Doctor of Nursing Practice, Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner and Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) Certified Practitioner. Dr. Osgood received his post-graduate training in Functional Medicine through the IFM and from working with Dr. Amy Myers. He has helped people from around the world improve their health utilizing a Functional Medicine approach.