Are you looking for a different approach to treating chronic illness? Is conventional medicine not working for you?
This episode will help you discover and understand what functional medicine is, how it can help you determine the root cause of chronic health problems and discover new and natural ways to be healthy.
Today’s guest is Taylor Dukes, FNP. Taylor is a Family Nurse Practitioner and has been working in the Functional Medicine field for 9 years. She owns a private practice based in Texas where she works with patients one-on-one.
Taylor’s passion is not only helping sick people heal, but also helping health-conscious people take their health to the next level. She works with professional athletes, celebrities and CEOs of major health companies as well as busy mamas like herself. She wants her clients to have a deeper understanding of their body and its unique individual needs. Taylor does a deep dive into her clients’ history and then uses testing to determine what her client needs to feel, look and perform their best.
In this episode, Seth and Taylor discuss:
- Taylor’s story of becoming extremely ill and how her parents’ decision to seek out a functional medicine provider changed her life and the trajectory of her career.
- The challenges of conventional medicine’s “pill for every ill” model.
- What is functional medicine and how is it different?
- How functional medicine gets to the root cause and determines why chronic disease is happening and what’s triggering the symptoms.
- How functional medicine can help athletes and high performers take their health to the next level.
- Why a patient’s story is so important and the tools functional medicine providers use to put the missing pieces together.
- Which functional lab tests Taylor uses most often and how they differ from standard lab work.
- What does personalized medicine look like for a real patient?
Taylor’s tips on healthy living:
Focus on free medicine
- Fresh air
- Quality sleep
- Healthy nourishing meals
- Community and connection
If you’re wondering, what is functional medicine? Or can functional medicine help you on your health journey – Listen to this episode!
Connect with Taylor Dukes
To learn more about Taylor Dukes and her wellness centers, how to restore & revive, head over to her website www.taylordukeswellness.com
Follow Taylor on Instagram at @Functional Medicine Expert for tips on how to heal your gut, improve energy, boost immunity, balance hormones, and sleep better.
Connect with Dr. Seth Osgood
Learn more about the GrassRoots Adaptation Program.
I’m giving away a $100 supplement gift card to celebrate the launch of the podcast!
Here’s how to enter:
- Leave a review of the show on Apple Podcasts or your preferred player. (See detailed instructions here if you need them.)
- Email a screenshot of your review to email@example.com
The giveaway closes April 6th, so enter now and tell a friend!
About the Author: Dr. Seth Osgood is a Doctor of Nursing Practice and Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) Certified Practitioner. Dr. Osgood received his post-graduate training in Functional Medicine through the IFM and from working with Dr. Amy Myers. He has helped people from around the world improve their health utilizing a Functional Medicine approach.
Want to work with Dr. Osgood and the GrassRoots team? Check out our Adaptation Program and book your free discovery call to find out if you’re the right fit.