- 1 1/4 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1⁄2 cup full fat organic coconut milk, canned
- 1 (8 oz) can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
- 2 pieces AIP approved bacon
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Cook bacon then set aside to cool. Once the bacon has cooled, cut into small pieces.
- Combine dry ingredients, cassava flour, tapioca flour, baking soda, sea salt, to a large bowl and
- mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together wet ingredients, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, melted coconut
- oil, coconut milk, coconut cream, vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in 1⁄2 tsp water to mixture if it is too thick. It should be thicker than pancake batter but you should still be able to pour it.
- Gently stir in bacon pieces.
- Pour the batter into your waffle iron and cook accordingly. Waffle iron times will vary.
- Remove the waffles from the iron, top with coconut cream, maple syrup, or berries and enjoy!
© 2023 GrassRoots Functional Medicine