AIP Chicken and Mushroom Flatbread
Category Autoimmune Paleo (AIP) Recipes
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 gelatin egg, beaten (1 tbsp gelatin mixed with 1 tbsp cool water + 2 tbsp boiling water)
- 2 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tbs finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- olive oil and extra sea salt for garnish
- 1 lb chicken, thinly cut breasts
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 405 degrees F.
- Season chicken with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp rosemary, and salt, to taste. Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Once you have removed the chicken from the oven, preheat oven to 450 degrees and place a pizza stone, or a cast iron skillet, in the oven to heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together tapioca flour, coconut flour, cassava flour, garlic powder, onionpowder, sea salt, garlic, and rosemary. Then, add in coconut milk and melted coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix together gelatin egg by mixing 1 Tbsp gelatin with 1 Tbsp cold water. Addin 2 Tbsp of boiling water. Once the ‘egg’ is thoroughly combined, add it to the large bowl.
- Lightly oil a sheet of parchment paper. Using a spatula, spread mixture on the parchment paperso it lays about ¼ inch thick.
- Remove the pizza stone or cast iron skillet from the oven and place parchment paper with doughon the stone. Place stone in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute mushrooms in 1 Tbsp of olive oil and season with salt for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove flatbread from oven, place spinach, mushrooms, and thinly sliced chicken on flatbreadand bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
© 2023 GrassRoots Functional Medicine