Paleo Pan-Fried Moroccan Chicken
- 1 chili pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin coconut oil or avocado oil
- 2 lbs chicken breast fillets cut into strips
- 1 orange halved and sliced
- 4 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- to taste sea salt
- to taste freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, chopped chili pepper, garlic, lemon juice, cinnamon, cumin and pine nuts in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Coat the chicken strips in the prepared mixture and place in the refrigerator to marinate, covered, for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the extra-virgin coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Transfer the chicken to the pan and cook on one side for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the strips over to the other side, add the orange slices, and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from heat, stir in the fresh mint, and serve.
© 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine