Jump to recipe
Looking for a protein bar that is made with real-food, AIP-friendly ingredients and also tastes great? Look no further. These protein bars have a satisfying chewy texture and rich flavor from the carob, dates, and orange zest. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be carried on the go!
- 3 Tbsp (1.5 oz) coconut butter*
- 1.5 oz finely chopped dates (6 deglet noor dates or 3 large medjool dates)
- 6 ½ Tbsp (1.5 oz) carob powder
- 2 scoops (2oz) RootFix Unflavored Paleo Protein
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ tsp orange zest, optional
- Soften coconut manna in a glass dish over low heat.
- Add chopped dates and mash in with a fork.
- Stir in carob powder, protein powder, salt, water, and optional orange zest.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Press into a 5-7 inch pyrex dish lined with parchment paper.
- Let firm in the fridge before cutting into 8 bars.
*Coconut butter is also called coconut manna (Nutiva) or creamed coconut (Let’s Do Organic). You can also make your own by blending 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor until it turns creamy.
Variation - Chocolate Protein Bars: replace the RootFix Unflavored Paleo Protein with RootFix Chocolate Paleo Protein.
© 2022 GrassRoots Functional Medicine