Looking for a protein bar that is made with real-food, AIP-friendly ingredients and also tastes great? Look no further. These protein bars have a satisfying chewy texture and rich flavor from the carob, dates, and orange zest. Plus, they’re easy to make and can be carried on the go!
Carob Date Protein Bars
Category Autoimmune Paleo (AIP) Blog Recipes
- 3 Tbsp (1.5 oz) coconut butter*
- 1.5 oz finely chopped dates (6 deglet noor dates or 3 large medjool dates)
- 6 ½ Tbsp (1.5 oz) carob powder
- 2 scoops (2oz) RootFix Unflavored Paleo Protein
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp water
- ¼ tsp orange zest, optional
- Soften coconut manna in a glass dish over low heat.
- Add chopped dates and mash in with a fork.
- Stir in carob powder, protein powder, salt, water, and optional orange zest.
- Mix well using your hands.
- Press into a 5-7 inch pyrex dish lined with parchment paper.
- Let firm in the fridge before cutting into 8 bars.
*Coconut butter is also called coconut manna (Nutiva) or creamed coconut (Let’s Do Organic). You can also make your own by blending 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut in a food processor until it turns creamy.
Variation - Chocolate Protein Bars: replace the RootFix Unflavored Paleo Protein with RootFix Chocolate Paleo Protein.
© 2023 GrassRoots Functional Medicine