AIP Shrimp Scampi
- 1 lb wild caught shrimp
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized (or 1 box of pre made Zoodles)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1⁄2 Tbsp olive oil
- Remove the shell, tail, and veins from the shrimp. Rinse, pat dry, then set aside.
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize zucchini then set aside. Or, use pre-made Zoodles.
- In a large pan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add in garlic and cook for 1-2
- minutes, or until the garlic turns light brown.
- Next, add the shrimp. Season with salt and cook for 1 minute on each side. While the
- shrimp is cooking, squeeze lemon over the shrimp.
- Lower the temperature to medium-low and mix in parsley and zucchini noodles. Stir
- occasionally until the zucchini noodles reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mixture and serve immediately.
© 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine