AIP Seared Scallops Over Bacon & Spinach
- 12 ounces Wild Caught Scallops
- 1 Tbsp Lemon
- 6 cups Spinach
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ¾ cup Red onion
- 2 pieces AIP approved bacon
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Cook bacon in a large skillet, until crispy. Remove bacon from the pan and set aside to cool. Once cool, break into small pieces, then set aside. Keep bacon grease in the pan to use for scallops.
- Rinse scallops and pat dry. Season with salt.
- Using the same pan as you used for the bacon, cook the scallops in bacon grease for 2-3 minutes per side, or until fully cooked. Squeeze lemon over scallops and remove from the pan.
- Pour out half of the juice from the pan and add in olive oil. Cook onions and garlic in the grease, lemon juice, and olive oil mixture for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions become translucent.
- Add in 2 cups of spinach and cook for 30 seconds. Add in remaining spinach and cook until wilted. Remove pan from heat, add in bacon, and stir.
- Serve scallops over bacon spinach immediately and enjoy!
© 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine