AIP Moroccan Turkey Bowl
- 1 lb turkey
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic (curry powder)
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion (curry powder)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (curry powder) + 1 tsp for cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp dried cilantro (curry powder)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil (curry powder)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (curry powder)
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger (curry powder)
- 1/8 tsp ground clove (curry powder)
- 1 tsp salt (cauliflower)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (cauliflower)
- 3 dates, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and dry cauliflower, then place in a large bowl. Season with garlic powder, salt and 1 tsp turmeric. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, and bake for 40 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Rinse and peel sweet potatoes. Using a spiralizer, spiralize sweet potatoes, then set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, combine granulated garlic, granulated onion, ½ tsp turmeric, cilantro, basil, cinnamon, ginger, and clove. Using your hands, mix in ground turkey until it is thoroughly combined.
- Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a large pan on medium heat. Once the coconut oil is melted, add seasoned turkey meat to the pan and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until meat is completely cooked through. Mix in dates then set aside.
- Melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a large pan. Cook sweet potato noodles in the coconut oil for 3 minutes. Add in sliced kale to the sweet potato noodles and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Serve noodles in a bowl and top with cauliflower, turkey, and avocado.
© 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine