AIP Chicken Kale Salad
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 head Lacinato kale, chopped
- 1 head Curly kale, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 avocado
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sliced tiger nuts
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Drizzle 1 Tbsp olive oil over chicken and season with
- salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and place chicken in the pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine Lacinato and Curly kale. Massage kale for 3 minutes. Add avocado to the bowl and massage in the avocado until it blends well with the kale.
- In a small bowl, mix together apple cider vinegar, juice from the lemon, 1 tsp sea salt, and olive oil. Pour mixture over the kale and thoroughly combine.
- Next, stir in tiger nuts.
- Serve kale and top with chicken.
© 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine