AIP Chicken Burger
- 1 lb ground chicken meat (pasture raised)
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp carrots,shredded
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and form burger patties.
- Cook burgers for 4 minutes per side in the cast iron skillet, or until browned. Once the
- burgers are browned on both sides, place the cast iron skillet in the oven for 4 minutes,
- or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve warm with roasted vegetables, or in a lettuce wrap.
© 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine