AIP Banana Bread Granola
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup tigernuts
- 1/4 cup plantain chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened banana chips
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 gelatin egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend tiger nuts for 5-10 seconds, or until the ‘nuts’ blend into a fine crumble, remove from blender,
- then set aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Add plantain chips and banana chips to a blender and blend on low for 5-10 seconds, or until the
- chips turn into a fine crumble. Combine mix with the tiger nut blend.
- Stir in cinnamon, vanilla, gelatin egg, coconut flakes, and maple syrup.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour granola mix onto the cookie sheet. Using your
- fingers, press the mixture onto the parchment paper so it creates one large, flat granola sheet,
- about 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and break apart into small, bite-sized pieces. Flip
- and place in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove granola from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Serve with coconut cream, coconut milk, or fruit for a healthy granola packed with prebiotics.
© 2018 GrassRoots Functional Medicine